Mercedes-Benz 280 SL
R107 - Belgian Delivery - Low Mileage - Manual 4
This classic Mercedes SL was first invoiced on April 24th, 1980, by official Mercedes Concessionnaire I.M.A. Liège to first owner, a certain Mr. Dehousse. He kept the car untill 1999 before selling it to it's second owner. Again after long term ownership the third owner took delivery, this time in 2015.
It's always great to have the original period sales invoice on file, please check on the photos.
I think all the right ingredients are available for this R107. Some highlights for sure are;
- Manganese Brown Metallic
- Beige Leather Interior
- Smooth and not too thirsty 2.8 litre straight 6 with 185 bhp
- 4 speed manual transmission, which is rather rare for these models, and drastically changes the character of this car
- Both Softtop & Hardtop in immaculate condition
- Only 58.000 documented kilometers with fully stamped service book
- All invoices, all original books, tools and keys, even the Belgian COC document is present!
Recently the 280 benefitted from an extensive cosmetic and mechanical restoration. Paintwork for example was completed by official Mercedes-Benz dealership Barvaux and is straight and finished with the right eye for detail. The car fires up with the slightest turn on the key and is ready for all inspections.
If you are looking for a real nice classic sports convertible this is it. This Mercedes represents high quality, just as it did when it left the factory almost 40 years ago!
CONSIGNMENT SALE ON BEHALF OF THE OWNER